The resolution no. LVII/863/14 of the City Council of Opole on adopting the Opole Aid Scheme for Entrepreneurs for 2014-2020 entered into force on 24 April 2014. The resolution provides for partial or total exemption from payment of property tax for Entrepreneurs investing or creating new jobs in Opole. In practice this means that the property may be exempted from the property tax for the period of 3 years up to the amount of EUR 200,000.
Any entity applying for de minimis aid is obliged to submit the application together with all de minimis aid declarations received in the year in which they are applying for aid and in two previous years, or declaration on the amount of de minimis aid received in the abovementioned period, or declaration certifying no de minimis aid was granted for the abovementioned period.
Exemption from property tax for newly constructed buildings which meet one of the following criteria:
- implementation of new technology (min. 25% of costs) or
- construction of office building min. 1 500 m2 or
- investment cost min. 7 000 000 PLN and employment min. 40 people.
The exemption amount – up to 55% of investment costs.
Period – up to 5 years.
Exemption from property tax for newly constructed buildings that meet both of the following criteria:
- minimum of 75 000 000 PLN cost of investment and
- minimum of 100 new employees.
The exemption amount – up to 55% of investment costs.
Period – 10 years.
Income tax exemption
Entrepreneurs operating in the subzone of the Special Economic Zone of Wałbrzych are entitled to receiving regional state aid in the form of tax reliefs (CIT or PIT income tax exemption, depending on the type of business activity conducted).
The amount of the relief
The size of the enterprise: small | Investment expenditure: PLN 1,000,000 | State aid intensity: 55%
Value of the unpaid (due) tax: PLN 550,000 | Value of income exempt from the tax: PLN 2,894,736.84
Minimum investment in the special economic zone is EUR 100,000.
Permit to operate within the special economic zone is granted primarily for production activites. It is also possible to enter SEZ with service activities (developing software, data processing, hosting, providing services via web portals, financial audit, accounting and bookkeeping services, research and technical analysis, scientific research and development works, call centres).
Support of the Poviat Labour Office
Employers are assisted in the recruitment process. From identification of their staffing needs up to the process of selecting the best candidates.
- Supported employment
For the duration of internship the unemployed receive scholarship for interns paid by the Labour Office and equal to 120% of the benefit.
- Refunding the cost of standard or additional equipment
Labour Office may provide assistance in the form of refunding the cost of standard or additional equipment in relation to creating new workplaces for recommended persons and providing such workplaces with standard or additional equipment. Maximum amount of refund granted for a single workplace is PLN 23,000 gross.
- Intervention works
Intervention works relate to employers hiring recommended unemployed persons and Labour Office partially financing salaries of such persons.
- Funding salaries in relation to hiring unemployed persons over 50
This form of assistance is aimed at partially financing remuneration of unemployed persons over 50 registered in the Poviat Labour Office with 2nd aid profile.
- Refunding social security contributions and salary contributions of unemployed persons to the age of 30
Refunds will be made for the first twelve months of employment of unemployed persons up to the age of 30 in the following amount: PLN 1,800 + social security contributions.
- Employment voucher
Employment voucher guarantees that some remuneration cost and social security contributions will be refunded to employers in relation to hiring unemployed holders of such vouchers.
- Relocation voucher
Relocation voucher is granted to unemployed persons hired by entities located at least 80 km from their current residence. The aid in the form of relocation voucher can be granted in the amount laid down in the agreement but not higher than 200% of average monthly salary.
- Upgrading skills and competences of candidates, employees, and employers
The programme to support investments of high priority for Polish economy for 2011-2020. Foreign investors carrying out new investments projects in Poland of high priority for the economy, may receive special government support under “The programme to support investments of high priority for Polish economy for 2011-2020” which was approved by the Council of Ministers on 5 July 2011. The programme is aimed at fostering innovation and competitiveness of Polish economy by means of supporting new investments carried out by domestic and foreign companies. The support is provided solely to entrepreneurs who plan to carry out investments in the following priority sectors:
- modern services,
- research and development.
The support cannot be provided for the period longer than 5 years. Eligible expenditure include investment outlays directly linked to the investment less calculated VAT tax (net outlays) or two-year cost of work of newly hired employees.
- Support for eligible cost related to creating new jobs:
- new productive investment in priority sectors creating at least 250 new jobs, with minimum total eligible cost of the investment equal to PLN 40 million,
- significant new investment outside priority sectors creating at least 500 new jobs, with minimum eligible cost of the investment equal to PLN 1 billion,
- new investment in the sector of modern services creating at least 250 new jobs, with minimum investment outlays equal to PLN 2 million,
- new investment in research and development sector creating at least 35 new jobs for persons with higher education, with minimum total cost of the investment equal to PLN 3 million.
- Support for eligible cost related to carrying out new investments:
- new investment in priority sectors creating at least 50 new jobs, with the cost of new investment eligible for support equal to at least PLN 160 million,
- significant new productive investment creating at least 500 new jobs, with the cost of new investment eligible for support equal to at least PLN 1 billion,
The supported is granted by the Minister of Regional Development. The procedure is carried out by the Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency (PAIiIZ).